First Congregational Church of Salem Welcomes Pastor Eric RedardNovember 8, 2013
submitted by Sonny Tylus
We are very excited to announce Reverend Eric Redard as our Senior Pastor for the First Congregational Church of Salem, UCC.
Rev. Redard graduated from Andover Newton Theological School in 1996 and has since served as Associate Pastor in four churches in the Massachusetts Conference of the United Church of Christ; First Parish in Wakefield, Trinitarian Congregational Church in North Andover, First Congregational Church of Norwood, and First Congregational Church in Reading.
Rev. Eric has also worked with Amedisys Hospice as Chaplain and Bereavement Coordinator and most recently as Executive Director of Hospice of York in Maine. Rev. Redard was most recently serving as Interim Associate Pastor at First Parish Congregational Church in York, ME, with a passion for pastoral care, teaching and mission.
When not working, he loves being with his children Kaylee (18) and Eric (15), cycling, photography and walking along the coast.
Interesting Facts about Rev. Eric Redard
- o Earned All-American Honorable Mention in Track & Field while at Masconomet Regional High School, and earned a Track Scholarship to the University of Maine, Orono.
- o Earned All-American Honors as a UMaine Cheerleader and school mascot
- o Graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in Public Administration.
- o Coached track and worked as a permanent substitute teacher at Masconomet Regional High School.
- o Completed Clinical Pastoral Education at Beverly Hospital.
- o Ordained by the Metropolitan Boston Association of the Massachusetts Conference of the United Church of Christ in September 2000 by the same minister by which he was baptized and confirmed.
- o Has led nine mission trips within and outside the United States
- o Was president and participant of the Reading Clergy Association
- o Served
- o Enjoys photography, and cycling
Words from Congregation:
“I appreciate Eric’s commitment to the ministry. He is compassionate and sensitive as he ministers to parishioners of all ages.”
“I see Eric as a spiritual person who holds passionately to issues of outreach and social justice. Eric values the wide spectrum of people within the local church and has the capacity to relate well to all ages.”
“Eric cares deeply for people and serves the cause of Christ with enthusiasm. His work with youth and the educational enterprises of the church are real strengths.”
“His enthusiastic personality, great sense of humor, and contagious laugh are some of the great attributes that make Eric Redard a real part of our church family.”
“Eric has the personal qualities and inner talents to radiate pastoral care through spiritual leadership, sharing of his faith, listening and compassion.”